December 2022 UPDATED Covid Protocols
CSHA continues to require mask wearing while on campus as it has shown great effectiveness in preventing the spread of Covid. CSHA does not require vaccinations nor does the school require the School Community to to disclose their vaccination status. In addition to wearing masks, we are still screening the CSHA community and visitors.
Students, Staff, and Faculty will be asked to sign and comply with the following waiver:
CSHA Infection Control Student/Staff/Faculty Contract/Waiver
Please read and sign below that you agree to follow these requirements:
I will be screened upon arrival in the building and wear my name badge visibly to display daily screening sticker.
I will practice meticulous hand hygiene and surface sanitation.
I will wear a mask at all times on campus, in classroom, and giving or receiving massage at Colorado School of Healing Arts (CSHA).
I will abide by all current and any new COVID / Flu / RSV / Mpox infection control related school protocols to keep students, instructors, and administrators safe.
I agree to inform the appropriate administrator and will NOT come to school if I become ill or experience any of these symptoms:
- Fever of 100°F or higher in the last 24 hours. And/Or:
- Respiratory or flu or cold-like symptoms in the last few days including but not limited to: sore throat, chills, cough, new joint or new muscle aches, headache. And/Or:
- Shortness of breath, difficulty breathing or chest tightness, fatigue or dizziness. New loss of taste or smell. And/Or:
- New rashes or lesions. And/Or:
- Contagious eye infections (red, itchy).
In addition, I agree to discuss the following with the appropriate administration prior to going in to class.
- I will discuss any allergy-type symptoms with the appropriate administrator.
- I will discuss any known exposure to COVID, Flu, RSV, Mpox or any other communicable disease or parasite.
If I start to have symptoms while at school, I will notify my teacher and/or an administrator and leave school immediately. I will update the appropriate administrator as to my health status as it changes.
If I test positive for COVID or have symptoms, I will communicate with the school administration to develop a plan for return and I will not return to school until:
- At least 5 full days have passed (as determined by the plan set up with the administration).
- Once I return to school post –COVID, I understand that the massage I receive may need to be modified to meet guidelines.
I understand that any of my diagnoses or health updates provided to the school will be handled in as confidential a manner as possible while informing others at the school about any potential exposure.
If I need to stay home due to COVID, Flu, RSV, Mpox, or any other communicable disease, I will provide requested documentation and work with administration and my instructors for continuing my learning plan at home by Zoom as applicable.
Note: If unable to attend any in-person or zoom classes, or labs or makeups for 14 consecutive days, I understand I may be required to go on a Leave of Absence.
I understand there are NO guarantees, and that while following these protocols will maximize safety and minimize the spread of any diseases, I may still be exposed to COVID or other infectious diseases. I will take full responsibility for my health and will not hold the school accountable if I contract an infectious disease. I will contact the school with ANY concerns to discuss my options.
By signing below, I acknowledge that I understand and agree to adhere to this student, staff, faculty Infection Control contract/waiver.