On This Page: Schedule, Rates, Gift Certificates, Preparation for your Appointment Description of Services, Swedish, Therapeutic, Integrated
The Colorado School of Healing Arts student massage clinic provides student massage to the Denver area community. The CSHA massage clinic has individual private treatment rooms and curtained room, equipped with comfortable massage tables in an inviting and relaxing environment that promotes health and wellness, providing affordable massage therapy to the Denver area community.
The purpose of the massage clinic is to give our students hands-on experience in working with the public and to offer quality bodywork to the community. CSHA students participating in the student massage clinic have completed all but the last term of their studies. This is still a learning process and constructive feedback throughout the massage is appreciated. A few minutes of your time will be required to fill out a student evaluation form after your session.
$45 for 60 minutes, Clients 60+ years – $40
Due to the nature of student scheduling, we have a specific day and time every term when we can begin to schedule appointments for you. We have named that day “Call-in Day.” You are welcome to call or come in-person on that day/time to schedule for the next term (please wear a mask if you come in person). Thank you for your patience and understanding during this high call volume time; we are working hard to accommodate a large amount of calls and help every person as quickly as possible. Please do not leave a message; we ask that you keep calling back until someone answers. Also, please be prepared to be on hold for a bit until someone can get to you. Thank you again for your patience! If you can’t call us on that specific day, please feel free to call the next week. Appointments are likely to book completely on call-in day, so we cannot guarantee availability. It is common that we will limit the amount of appointments you can book during call-in day to accommodate a large volume of clients scheduling appointments and to give our students a diverse clinic experience.
The student massage clinic schedule will vary every term and are by appointment only. Because this is a student clinic and every student must have equal opportunity, we cannot accommodate requests for you to schedule with specific therapists.
NEXT CALL-IN DATE IS April 7th, 9am-12pm Please see information below on to schedule under “What is Call-In Day.”
SPRING APPOINTMENT DATES/TIMES:
April 11th – June 9th
Tuesdays: 11:00am, 12:30pm, 2:00pm, 5:00pm, 6:30pm, 8:00pm
Fridays: 11:00am, 12:30pm, 2:00pm
Clients will be screened upon entering the building and are required to wear masks during the entire time of the visit.
- Clients are required to wear masks the entire time in the building (even while face-down in the cradle during the massage). Please see more information about masks below.
- All clinic clients will be screened which includes a temperature check and COVID-19 related questionnaire each visit. If you have any symptoms (including uncontrolled allergies, we will cancel your appointment immediately with no charge).
- The school can no longer offer blankets to place on top of the sheets. Please bring your own clean/laundered blanket if you get cool during the session.
Other Helpful Information:
- Therapists and the Clinic Director will also be wearing a mask.
- Once the clinic client is on the massage table, the Therapist will leave the door slightly ajar for increase air ventilation.
- Talking will be kept at a minimum; please keep your conversation limited to feedback for your therapist.
- Due to mask wearing, we will limit massage around the face and neck.
- Please wear a surgical mask to your appointment for the entire time you are in the building. If you are not able to wear a surgical mask* the following is required:
a. Two face masks (Four or more layers of cloth/material).
b. One face mask with a filter (Two or more layers of cloth with a coffee filter or a mask filter).
Not allowed: a neck gaiter/buff or mask made from the same materials
Not allowed: masks with valves are not allowed
*The school has a limited quantity of surgical masks and coffee filters, so we are encouraging everyone to show up with their own surgical mask or the appropriate alternative.
Types of Massage Offered
- Swedish– Swedish or traditional massage is a combination of various movements and strokes on the body. Swedish strokes vary in depth and rhythm according to the results sought, including stimulation, relaxation and rehabilitation. They also take into account such factors as age, health status, strength and certain conditions. It is popular in health spas and sports clubs. Persons suffering from stress, decreased circulation and muscle fatigue often find relief from this modality.
- Therapeutic– Therapeutic massage includes deep tissue, neuromuscular, and sports massage (facilitated stretching) techniques. It intervenes in the cycle developed by trauma and/or injury, soft tissue dysfunction and lack of movement often accompanied by pain. Therapeutic massage is often used in chiropractic offices and medical massage clinics.
- Integrated– This approach uses a variety of the above methods. The student will also blend the styles he or she knows and then design the massage for the individual client. CSHA offers many different massage modalities in the student’s training. The student may incorporate one or more of these methods into the client’s individual massage session.
CSHA student clinic gift certificates are available and make great gifts. The cost and duration of the session is as listed above. Gift certificates are valid for 12 months after the date of purchase. If you would to purchase a gift certificate, please email Carrie- firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preparation for your Appointment
Sessions offered at the CSHA student clinic are 1 hour; please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your session to fill out the appropriate paperwork.
Covid Informed Consent and Screening